Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Today's my birthday, and to my great surprise a reader of this blog gifted me 50mln ISK to spend as I please. It's an experiment to see what happens if a n00b like me suddenly has what would seem to be unlimited resources.

The first thing that happened was a sense of utter wonder why someone I don't know would gift me something. The second thing, naturally, was me looking good and hard as to how to spend all that ISK in a way that will help me in the long run. Then, a third thing happened: I realized that someone is actually reading this blog! Yay!

I've decided to put the ISK in my head and get me a full set of +3 implants. With my current abilities I can fly a nicely fitted frigate, but the drones in the epic arc "Burning Down the Hive" eat through my tank without me being able to scratch them. So I need to skill up ASAP, and getting the implants lets me do that by increasing my learning speed. Or so I hope.

If not, adding the implants will at least help me get better faster. That is, until someone podkills me of course. But I hope that will not happen anytime soon.

Of course, I will need a new Tristan as well to try my hand at killing those pesky drones again. So I bought one. This time, I've fitted it with blasters in stead of railguns to see if that helps. If not, I'll be broke once more and it's off to the Navitas to mine me some ISK.

3 comments:

Iltarus said...

Are the Drones orbiting at short range? Then you might wanna try using smartbombs with a blast radius above the orbiting distance. And obviously with EMP Damage against the Drones.
I hope you manage to kill them this time =)

Kozmic said...

In missions, rails usually work better.

Try switching to a destroyer - should make quick work out of L1 missions. One volley and most frigates will pop :)

Elbion D'Argh said...

Kozmic, I was using a destroyer and that did work great indeed! Until a bunch of drones webbed me and ate my tank. Leaving me destroyer-less. ;-)

Turns out it was my armor tank that was slowing me down and not doing much against em. Switched it for adaptive nanofiber and succeeded in a Tristan.

I used a destroyer fitted with autocannons to kill Dagan in the level 1 epic arc. Took me a while to finish off Dagan, but got there in the end.